Business Marketing Online
In today’s business arena if you do not have an online business marketing effort then you probably have a business
that is struggling, you need to understand what is available to you online to really succeed with your offline ventures. In our area we see business closings all of the time and when I look closely into why the business closes it is usually because the company did not make changes when they needed, these changes should include the following:
- Having a website that is properly optimized for organic searches, start with local, regional and statewide then as you build incoming links you can expand to national and global rankings. Start small and grow big!
- Identify your markets and do not underestimate new potential new markets, be willing to make changes.
- Do not wait until it is to late to make change, always look for new areas that offer potential growth.
- Make immediate modifications in fixed expenses to match income, the old saying you snooze you lose is very important. Some companies worry about making cuts in employees but if you do not make cuts as needed you might not have any employees and no chance of ever bringing them back.
- Study fixed expenses, modifications can always be made and some good changes are right in front of your eyes. Many times you may need to hire someone to analyze your business as someone else may see what you do not because you are to close to the problem areas.
Building a Better Business for Tomorrow
When making your move online you need to incorporate free and paid business advertising as a way to not only sell products but hone in on various relevant keywords for your business and products in addition to building incoming links to various pages in your website. Create quality content for your advertising efforts and incorporate pictures as pictures are still worth a thousand words online or off, also incorporate social media into all of your advertising efforts to create chatter about your products or services. Initially you will not create much chatter but as you learn to right quality content the chatter will start. It is better to be a day late than a dollar short!
Identifying Changes in Business
Are you wanting to test changes before making changes on your website then take advantage of free and paid advertising to do so, hone in on the keywords for local and regional results to see demand, study the results. Create a special page that you advertising links to so you can see how many clicks are going to that page or use google analytics to view how many clicks come from various advertising efforts.
If you do not have google analytics on your website then we can set you up for just a small fee and you can start studying your traffic tomorrow.